Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dr Gillespie's 2009 Fishing Goals


2009 Fishing Goals

1. Explore the Boulder Mtns-Big Brookie, Col Cutt, Yellowstone Cutt, and Tiger
2. Snake River-Tetons Float
3. Green River Float/Camp A,B,C
4. South Fork Float/Camp (Canyon)
5. Research/Fish Wind Rivers- Golden Trout
6. Research Stillwater Fishing (Chronmids)
7. Research/Plan Alaska-Do It Yourself Trip
8. Complete Fly Inventory
9. Catch Musky, Striper and Carp on Fly Rod.
10. Hit a Salmon Fly Hatch


*Coronia- Rhino Bottom, Rod Holders, Cover, Repaint Trailer


Last Weeks Recap: With a new work schedule, I haven't been able to hit the river 5 days a week like in the past. In fact I go to work in the dark and leave in the dark. (Pretty sad, but I love my new job!) In the past week I have be doing quite a bit of research/planning of new waters I want to fish and tying fly boxes for each of those locations. It is the half of fly fishing that most never get to enjoy and it has been keeping me from going crazy this cold winter. I am itching to head down south in search of big bows and beautiful scenery, but the fresh pow and the world class snowboarding in our own back yard has kept me more than occupied.


My wish is that 2009 brings many days along a timber lined stream or lake in search of healthy trout and memories that will last forever.


Dr. Gillespie


No comments: