Wednesday, April 16, 2008

To The Green, NOT!!!

So I the plan was set. Dane, Addie, Laura, and myself were going to wake up at 5:30am on Sat April 12th and float the Green then return home latter that night. Everything was running perfect until Dane no showed, but that was alright we were still on our way. We were making great time until we got to the Daniels Hill from Death. We were almost to the summit when the Jeep which I had running at full RPMs started clicking. My first thought was SUCK the trany has had it, but as we rounded the courner to see the Berry patch. The clicking was more like a song from hell. We grudingly turned around and tried to make our way back home. The hole triped ended with the Jeep dying right at the top of the Daniels Summit Lodge. We pushed it to the lodge with the help of some nice men. Called Jeff (Dad) and he had a Larry's towing on the way with himself. We sat down and waited in the nice warm cabin while partaking of a nice country style breakfest. At least it was the ideal place to sit and wait while thinking about what the river would have been like and how perfect a day it would have been. I really felt bad for Addie (my little sister) she was so excited for her first chance to float down the Green. By 10 am we were back home in Vineyard, it was as if it was a new day and that all the trama was just a figment of a bad dream. With all this new found free time I could finally get some work done that I needed to. So instead of fishing for hungry trout on a pristine trout stream I was building an entertainment center for my materialistic side of life. I also fixed up my bike jump and hung out with my buddy Cash. So how do I catorgies this adventure trip?I would have to say it is somewhere in ballpark as worst ever or maybe just maybe, a blessing???

One thing that makes me feel better is that if we would have gone it wouldn't have been very good fishing anyway because they raised the flows from 800cfs to 1600cfs and it put down all the fish. At least that what the Utah on the fly guys said.

3 comments:

Julianne said...

Great blog, Trav! I feel the fever coming through the pictures, words, and music! And, I think you're a great writer and even better storyteller! Long may you run! Long may you fly!

Hudson said...

When are we going to X-Lake?

XStream said...

You name the day and I am game. Its Lake X by the way!!!J/k