Sunday, July 27, 2008

Reunion Weekend



So I have been looking forward to this weekend for a long time. It was the weekend of the Clegg and Lancaster reunions in Star Valley. I know what your thinking that would stink to try and joggle both, but I'll tell you what we did it and it was a blast. My little bro Gunner and sis Addie came along for the trip and were tons of fun to hangout with even though they sleep almost the whole drive both ways. We got to the Clegg reunion Friday evening, which was up at the Star Valley Ranch said are hello's, ate some dinner, talked fishing and were on our way to set up camp at the Lancaster's before it got to dark. That night we had a hot dog roast and hung around the fire telling stories and rekindling friendships. The next morning didn't come soon enough knowing that we would be fishing one of my favorite little streams in the world. I woke up at 4 am and tossed and turned until 5 am, when I finally decided to get up and check what time it was. In doing so I woke up the whole camp with the car alarm going off as Addie opened up the door. When Aaron, Gunner and I finally got to the river. I was evident that it was going to be one of those great days on the river. When we finally got to "The Meadow" right off the bat Aaron holds up a nice Cutty that he had landed on one of his first casts. Gunner and I moved over to where Aaron was and I hooked up with a nice Cutt on my Copper John dropper. We ended up catching 9 Cutts in that hole within an hour. The highlight of that hole was the nice 17 inch Cutt that Gunner caught on one of his first cast into the first of the run. It was great to see him make a nice cast and then watch as his top fly shot down and he was hooked up. The rest of the morning we tried a couple more spots and caught another 6 fish, but just as the fish started to key on my top fly we had to leave. In all I caught 7 fish and 4 of those were on my big #2 Royal PMX and the rest were on my Copper John or Hares Ear. It was great to be on the river for at least a couple hours and enjoy the time with family. Its memories like these that make reunions so special. The rest of the day we spent either at the Clegg's or Lancaster reunion for their main programs. To top off the trip we jumped off the bridge into the Salt River with Deon and Scott (which was a blast) and stopped by the Red Barron for one last homemade shake and greasy food.

No comments: