Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Busy Week!!!

So last week was pretty dang adventurous. After feeling pretty fat and sluggish for the past little bit . I decided it was time to hit my Mtn bike again and tackle some hills instead of going to the meat market gym. In fact that is a good point, I hate going to the gym and always have. I would much rather get my work out in on my bike, rowing the driftboat, snowboarding or any other outdoor activity. So on monday I rode the Big Springs trail up Provo Canyon (almost passing out) and on the way down I hit the Provo river (at the bridge) for about an hour as the Caddis were just starting to come off. I hooked into a few nice fish and it was fun to fish the same spot I caught my first fish at on the lower provo. On Tuesday Wayne and I decided to ride the Tibble Fork trail up American Fork canyon. The ride was awsome, but the fishing afterwards was not so hott. The fish were rising and we hooked and broke off one, but for the most part they were just toying with us the whole night. On weds morning I went deer scouting and shot my bow. Then that night Wayne and I meet up once more to ride AF canyon. This time as we waited for Wayne's little bro. We hit a quick down hill romp and then meet up with the others to ride Tibble Fork again. This time there were a couple nice wrecks that changed Norms color and almost sent Wayne to the ER. The rest of the week was our Cali trip to go visit my bro and his family. Over the weekend we went to Hollywood, Yankees game, Newport beach, hung out at his pool, and a ton of driving.
With the Archery hunts opening this weekend. I am completely focased on hunting and only hunting. I am pretty confident this year I am going to be able to harvast an animal no matter what the size is. Elk here I come!

No comments: