Sunday, December 7, 2008

So Rainbow Deprived! (Part 1)

I had been hitting the brown trout spawn pretty hard and felt a a little deprived from their northern cousins the rainbow trout. I know a few good waters that have falling running bows so I decided the last few times out to target them excusively. The Friday after Thanksgiving was my last free day before a week in New York, so I decided to make the most of my free day. With a text from Mallary and Greg at 6:30 am the days line up was set and a little 5 foot stream would be are playing field. The morning was brisk with a new thin layer of snow that banketed the surrounding mountains.

It was a beautiful morning and a good sign of good things to come. We fished the upper section of the stream with constant success for 12-17' bows.As we moved up river and past a large beaver dam we switch from the running bows to local browns. I hooked up first and Greg finished the day strong with a par of brown with one pushing 18'.

We left the river early with a sense of accomplishment and frustration (Mallary, had one of those days were her hubby out fishes her and she gets all the tangles) We had visited the river early before the crowds, caught the bigger fish and left before 12...

2 comments:

Big Hoss said...

Great write up. I wish you had more pics.

cash said...

yeah more pics man where is the love?