Saturday, November 22, 2008

Rainbows Spawn in the Spring, Right?

There are certain places I feel I have to fish each year during specific seasons. If I don't get the chance to make it out, I almost feel cheated and saddened about the lost tradition. So with this in mind. On Friday, I was only going to work until 11am and then meet up with Hoss for a little fishing on a local stream. This weeks fishing destination was a small stream that holds some nice Bows that think it is the spring I guess. I don't know what it is about this location, but for whatever reason it is, the bows move out of the lake and spawn in the late fall instead of the Spring. Maybe one followed a Brown and the rest fallowed like sheep??? When we got to the inlet we started working our way up the small stream. In our first location I quickly hooked up with 3 smaller Bows and got the question off our back to if they were running. As we moved up river we found the perfect smaller eddy. We caught fish after fish. I was amazed how many fish were holding in the little 10 foot run. That couldn't have been deeper than 4 feet and 5 feet wide. After that Hoss and I moved from spot to spot looking for a hog, and catching 12 inch bows, with an occasional 15'. The other amazing thing was the weather we have been having. Its the end of Nov. (21st) and I was wearing a t-shirt and was still hot. This past week has been one of the best weather weeks I can remember in the history of late season fishing. If this keeps up we won't be ice fishing this year. Pics are limited...due to a slippery camera and water...but Hoss came to the rescue and gave me his secret: put the camera on the jeep dash and crank up the heat and dry it out completely. I did it and when I got home it was as good as new. It was a great time spent with Hoss and the tradition that burns in my heart lives on.








2 comments:

Big Hoss said...

Too bad we didn't have the camera working to get pictures of some of the nicer bows.

Jer or Stef said...

You should invest in a waterproof camera. Looks like fun and it did look like a great day