Friday, May 1, 2009

After Work Relaxation


Recently I have been spending all my free time after work, doing little things on the drift boat and not allowing any time to fish. So with a much needed break from Corona, I decided to make a quick after work trip to Tibble Fork Res. which it perfectly placed 15 mins from my backyard. I got to the res. to find wind and not a single rising fish. I made my way down to the lake to find it was at full capacity and my favorite flat was flooded just perfect for cruising trout. The fishing started off slow with lots of tugs, but only a couple good hooks up on a swinging wet fly, in the inlet current. Knowing that the peak of the chrono hatch is always later I worked my way over to the flats and got set up for the main even. Just like clock work, the sun fell behind the jagged peaks, the wind settled and the chronomids came out to play. For the next hour the little alpine res. was alive with smiling tout and at least one smiling fishermen. As the parking lot cleared and my hands were to cold function, I decided it was the end of the 4th and the remaining trout will have to wait until next game.





Posted by Picasa

No comments: