Thursday, May 7, 2009

Drift Boat Makeover #2 (Fly Fishing Edition)

In the spirit of fly fishing I have added a couple new features to Corona that will make being on the river that much more comfortable for the everyday fly fishermen like myself.


#1. Front Dry Storage: Almost every trip I take to the Green River in UT, I get rained on. Sometimes its just a little and other times its just ridiculous. Now if it rains I have a place to put all my gear that I need to keep dry. More importantly, I will have a place to put sleeping bags and clothes when I go on camp/float trip, like the South Fork. In all I am stoked that I finally have it done.
Before Pic

After Pic

#2. Built in Fly Boxes: This was an idea I got from a boat builder on another site. (I stole it) It was exactly what I was looking for and a geat idea. Boxes that will keep things dry and protected. One box has foam for flies, slot for floatant, weights, etc..., a lanyard for tippet and sace for fly boxes. The other box is for anything else like cameras, food, and more fly boxes. In all it will be nice not to worry about covering up all my crap, when the rain comes down or if the sun is burning it up.
Before Pic

After Pics




2 comments:

Chris said...

Hey... This is exactly what I am thinking of doing. Thank you for the pictures. I am also interested in the aft brace you built. I need to modify mine for better stability.

Chris said...

Hey... This is exactly what I am thinking of doing. Thank you for the pictures. I am also interested in the aft brace you built. I need to modify mine for better stability.